Age Connects is proud of its long history of providing volunteer support and keeping people connected to their community.
Over the past year more than ever we have experienced the power of community spirit and the importance of volunteer support.
At Age Connects we want to make sure that we keep our clients and our volunteers safe, so we are keeping to Government Guidelines which means some of our volunteer opportunities are on hold.
A full list of those opportunities can be found below:
Join the Age Connects Team :
We offer a range of stimulating and interesting volunteer opportunities.
Over 350 people support Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale by giving their time and skills.
We could not provide our services without their invaluable help.
Age Connects Cardiff and the Vale puts the health and wellbeing of clients and volunteers first and is constantly reviewing the volunteering opportunities available that can be delivered safely. Volunteer opportunities available if COVID - 19 restrictions permit;
Currently recruiting for…
- Socially distanced befriending and telephone befriending.
- Shopping and collection of prescriptions.
- One off or ongoing fundraising support.
Volunteering opportunities when restrictions permit
- Help reduce isolation for older people by driving them to regular activities and classes in your own car.
- Help older people by visiting them weekly for a chat to help reduce their isolation.
- Help serve customers in our cafe in Barry.
- Help provide information in person and over the phone.
- Help people to resolve problems.
- Help people complete forms.
- Encourage older people to get out of the house by supporting them to go to activities.
- Help with administration and in particular maintaining our activities database for the 50 plus.
- Support people and help give them a voice through advocacy.
- Help answer calls and make appointments for our nail cutting service and answer queries over the phone.
- Assist with organising and running of fundraising events and marketing campaigns.
- Promote the Charity through social media.
Can you help make a difference like some of our volunteers? See our Case studies Here